From BruCON 2017
Workshop Registration Tutorial
This page will detail the steps to follow to ensure you registered properly to the workshops held at BruCON.
Before we get starting...
There are a few simple rules for the Workshop registration and participation at BruCON.
Please see below:
- BruCON attendees may only register to one workshop per timeslot
- BruCON attendees who have registered to a workshop are requested to be present 15 min before the official start time of the workshop
- Please be present at the Workshop Room entrance
- 10 min before the official start time of the workshop, we will call out the names of the registered participants
- Please be sure to answer when your name is called
- If you don't hear your name being called, notify yourself to the BruCON volunteer
- 5 min before the official start time of the workshop, registrations are considered void, and the access is on a first come first served basis, up to the maximum capacity of the Workshop.
Where to start?
The first thing to do is to go on the BruCON sched page located at: http://sched.brucon.org
Once you arrive on the webpage, you should see something similar to this:
In order for you to be able to register to a workshop, you will need a sched.org account.
To do so, click on the "Sign Up" button located on the top right corner of the webpage.
Note: The account you are about to create is on the sched.org website. This account is not affiliated or linked to the BruCON website.
If you already have a sched.org account, you will need to be logged in with it to be able to register to a Workshop.
Once logged in with your sched.org account, the webpage should look something like this:
Registering to a Workshop
The notable difference (a part from the "please login" message) is that little white circle next to each item.
If you click on the title of the item (in this example: "BruCON Workshop Registration Demo"). It will open a page with more details about this specific item:
To register to a workshop, click on the small white circle on the left of any of the items.
Once clicked, the white circle should change into a little black circle with a white checkmark, like this:
Congratulations! You have successfully registered yourself to a workshop.
Note: You can quickly check if you are registered to a workshop on the http://sched.brucon.org website, by looking at the icon on the left of each item name. Like this one:
Note2: You can also register by directly clicking on the little white circle on the left of an item from the main page.
How to cancel a registration
In order to cancel your registration to a workshop, click on the small black circle with the white checkmark in it.
Once it turned back into a white circle, this mean you have cancel your registration to the workshop.
Beware: Once you cancelled a registration, your position in the list of attendees is lost /!\
What if the workshop is full?
If the maximum number of participant to a workshop have registered, you will no longer be able to register to the workshop.
However, there is still a possibility for a spot to free itself on the day of the workshop.
Reminder: A registration garanties your access to the workshop up till 5 minutes before the workshop official start time. If you arrive later than that, you will lose your reservation, and any person present at the entrance will be given your spot in a first come first serve basis.
- Do I need to have a sched.org account to register to workshops?
Yes. We are using the sched.org services to make our list of participants, and it is only possible to register to a workshop when logged in with your sched.org account.
- Do I need to have a sched.org account to attend BruCON?
No. You do not need a sched.org account to come to BruCON. You will be able to enter the conference and all the talks without the need of a sched.org account. (For Workshops, see previous question)
- Do I need to be registered to a talk to see it?
No. Registration is mandatory only for Workshops.
- Can I register to more than one workshop?
Yes, you can.
Note: You will not be able to register to multiple workshops which occur in the same timeslot.
Note2: please make sure you register only to the workshops you intend to assist to.
- If I cancel my registration, can I re-register again later?
Yes, this is possible. However, as the registration is a first come, first serve; if you cancel you registration, you will lose your slot. If no slots are available when you register again, you will no longer be able to register to the workshop.